Meet our Animals
PLEASE NOTE, ANIMAL CONCERN CUMBRIA IS CLOSED TO ALL VISITORS DUE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS. ANIMALS CANNOT BE RE-HOMED AT THIS TIME. WHEN WE ARE BACK TO BEING FULLY OPERATIONAL, ANY ANIMALS FOR RE-HOMING WILL BE SHOWN ON OUR WEBSITE.
We don’t charge an adoption fee when dogs and cats are rehomed but we do rely on donations given; often when animals come into care and when animals are rehomed. Any donations would normally cover the costs of a vet check and any other lawful animal welfare requirements like microchipping and vaccinations. If you are a tax payer, please consider gift aiding your donation, allowing us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give.
To Adopt an animal
- Fill in our Adoption Enquiry form and send it into us or if you prefer to phone our office and we will take you through the adoption questions. Our questions are used solely for the purpose of determining whether you may be a potential match with the animal you are interested in.
- If you rent your home we will need to see a letter from your landlord or the tenancy agreement stating you do have permission to own a dog/cat at the home assessment stage.
- Once you have been matched, if it is a dog you are looking to offer a home to you will be invited to come and meet the dog and take it for a walk around in our field (suitable footwear and clothing is advisable particularly in wet weather). If it is a cat or kitten you are interested in homing you will be invited to come and spend some time with it.
- Once you have found your perfect match and the whole family, including any other dogs, have had the opportunity to meet the dog, a home visit may be arranged.
- We may then ask you to come and visit your chosen pet a few times before they go home with you.
- Finally an appointment will be made for you to come and adopt your new family member.
Please note: We are unable to re-home kittens or puppies to households with children under the age of 5.