What Bulbs or Flowers are Poisonous to Dogs?
Animal Concern Cumbria assumes no liability for the content of the following list. This does not represent a complete list of all poisonous plants and is only intended as a guide. Please contact your veterinary surgeon for advice or treatment immediately if you think your animal has eaten any of the following plants and is showing a bad reaction. Your animal may have a sensitivity or allergy to a plant that is not on the list, so always be vigilant and seek help if you are worried about your animals
Some plants, flowers, fruit and vegetables listed below are poisonous to dogs.
- Apples (pips)
- Apricots (kernel)
- Cyclamen (root)
- Daffodils/narcissus (blubs)
- Foxglove (leaves and seeds)
- Hyacinth (bulbs)
- Ivy (whole plant)
- Lupin (leaves, seeds)
- Onion (causes anaemia)
- Peach (stones and leaves)
- Rhubarb (leaves)
- Sweetpea (stem)
- Wild cherry tree (twigs and foliage)
- Yew (berries and foliage)
What should I do if I think my dog has been poisoned?
If you think your animal has been poisoned by anything, you need to act quickly. Contact your vet as soon as your pet shows signs of being ill. It’s a good idea to write down the details of anything you think they have ingested, when they ate/drank it, how much they have swallowed and what symptoms they have been experiencing.
Photo Credit: Capri23auto on https://pixabay.com