Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for Animal Concern Cumbria's website
Please read these conditions, legal notices and disclaimers carefully before using the site. Your use of the site constitutes your agreement to abide by these conditions, legal notices and disclaimers.
- While this site is monitored and updated, Animal Concern Cumbria accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.
- The content of the site is provided for general information only and is not intended as specific advice. Users who rely on the information contained within this website do so at their own risk. The information is made available for public use solely on the basis that Animal Concern Cumbria excludes to the extent lawfully permitted any and all liability for any loss or damage to data or computer systems which result from use of this site.
- All material on this site is copyright of Animal Concern Cumbria or third parties working on behalf of the Charity. You may view the contents of the site on screen and you may print one copy of any leaflets and factsheets contained on the site for that purpose.
- No other part of this site may be copied, reproduced, published, modified, transmitted or broadcast without the prior permission of Animal Concern Cumbria.
- The Animal Concern Cumbria logo is subject to copyright and may not be used without prior written consent of the Charity.
- By sending us imagery, you grant Animal Concern Cumbria a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any photos or videos. Any photographer or videographer may retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images and every endeavour will be made to credit the copyright holder when the image/video is used and published by Animal Concern Cumbria. Although Animal Concern Cumbria will always supply the correct information to third parties (for example to press/media), it cannot accept responsibility for any credit line errors or omissions by these parties.
- This site contains links to other sites which Animal Concern Cumbria provides for the user's information and convenience only. Animal Concern Cumbria does not control or monitor these other sites, nor does their inclusion mean that Animal Concern Cumbria recommends or endorses these sites, the organisations or companies that run the sites or anything contained within the sites. We reserve the right to withdraw any of these links at any time.
- If you wish to link to the Animal Concern Cumbria, you must link to the Homepage and we request you inform us that you are doing so by contacting email@example.com. You may not link to any other area of the site without prior written permission from the Charity. The Animal Concern Cumbria logo may not be used without prior consent. At our discretion and at any time, we reserve the right to withdraw any permissions given to link to this site and we are under no obligation to maintain current pages linked to a site.
- Animal Concern Cumbria cannot guarantee that any animal seen on this website will be suitable for an individual prospective adopter.
- The animals displayed here are currently in our care. They have differing needs and can only be matched to a new home once our team and the prospective adopter has undergone the full adoption process. Please be aware that under no circumstances can we reserve an animal until both the home assessment and Meet and Greet stages have been completed. Please note you have to be 18 years old or over to rehome an Animal Concern Cumbria animal and in some cases 21 years of age to rehome a guarding breed.
- Animals are rehomed from our centre seven days a week. Although this site is regularly updated, there may be occasions when an animal appearing on the website has already been rehomed.
- Animal Concern Cumbria cannot accept responsibility for the temperament of any animal once it has been rehomed. All animals are rehomed at our discretion and we reserve the right to refuse an application to rehome a dog or cat without reason.
- All Animal Concern Cumbria animals are given health and temperament assessments. This gives us an insight into their character and enables us to make a considered decision as to which type of home would be best for the animal. However, once a pet has settled into a new home, his or her behaviour can sometimes alter. Animal Concern Cumbria can only assess an animal on the behaviour it displays while in our care. Animal Concern Cumbria's Animal Care Team are able to offer support and behaviour advice to owners of ex-ACC animals. Please contact ACCanimalteam@animalconcerncumbria.org for further information.
OUTBOUND NON-PROMOTIONAL EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any views or opinions expressed within outbound non-promotional emails are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Animal Concern Cumbria unless specifically stated. The email and any files attached are intended for the addressee only. If you received an email in error, please notify the sender and delete from your system. Although virus-checking software is active on our emails and any attachments, Animal Concern Cumbria does not accept any responsibility for viruses.
The SMS donations services to Animal Concern Cumbria are supplied for the Charity by a third party provider. We are therefore not liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages. Delivery is subject to transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile phone device.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile number, your carrier's name and the date, time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide.
SINGLE SMS DONATION
Donation SMS messages will be charged at the advertised rate, plus two message at your standard network rate. Consent from the bill payer is required. Animal Concern Cumbria does not receive any payment from networks for standard rate texts. Animal Concern Cumbria will not appear as the message sender on your phone bill. The number you sent the message to (for example 70480) will appear instead.
MONTHLY SMS DONATIONS
You can also support Animal Concern Cumbria by giving monthly via text message.
After you agree to a monthly gift via SMS we'll send you a message that you’ll need to respond to in order to activate your monthly donation.
When you activate your subscription, your first donation will be taken immediately and you will also incur two standard network rate text messages that month. You must be 18 or over and consent from the bill payer is required.
Each month after that, you will get a free text as a reminder, the day before your monthly donation is due. If you're happy to give then you don't need to do anything and you'll be charged as usual. However you can choose to skip a month by texting the word SKIP to 70480 within 24 hours. If you do that, we won't take the donation that month - you will just incur one standard network rate text message.
After deduction of network/service provider costs, Animal Concern Cumbria receives 51% of each monthly donation. If you want to stop giving altogether then you can text STOP to 70480 or call Donr on 0333 4444 111 within 24 hours of receiving your monthly reminder message.